Thursday, November 11, 2004

Wednesday 11/10/04

Naps: Me 0 Griffin 6
Diapers: 6 poopie 4wet......more to come

Today is my "Baby" sister’s birthday. She’s eight years younger than me, and living a very full life, as far as I am concerned. She has traveled to Turkey and Guatemala twice each in the past year, she Graduated with a Masters in Museum Conservation the week Griffin was born and has been living an working in the southwest when not abroad. She has taken up Kung Fu and has recently been hired to sing with a rock band. She is hardly ever home. And last year she was sad about not having found a man to marry or started having kids……How in the world could have any time………The only way I have a social life is with friends who have kids and right now it is mostly play group stuff. A very different world from what she could imagine. She has a great boyfriend right now maybe he could help her fulfill that dream.

Playgroup…..Today was Wednesday morning playgroup. It is supposed be 10-2 but we were all late and I was the first to leave at 3:00. We had fun although Griffin did not want to be on the floor too much he a bit clingy right now……maybe he is picking up my internal count down to when I go back……maybe he has a cold………maybe he is worried about his Doctor appointment tomorrow…..(OK he doesn’t get that) the older kids (2,3 and 4 year olds) were having a bit of a confrontational day, lots of shoving crying and such. It makes me glad to be past that stage as well as a sense of trepidation about how my new little boy will be with pals at that age.

At playgroup right now we have been planning a group November/December birthday party for some of us there are 8 people included on the celebrant list and we are sending out over 30 invites. It’s a superhero theme if we had any big activities planned we’d all have to be superheroes.

We hold Playgroup at my friend Ticia’s house. I have a joke with Ticia that she is a laxative for Griffin because when we get there His first point of business is to poop and that also happens when I email her.

Tonight was swim class and my energetic daughter, Holly was very enthusiastic although I did notice she has a tendency away from buoyancy but often makes up with enthusiasim, even if she doesn’t pay attention to her teacher.

Well my little fussbudget needs a bath now that he has nursed himself into a sublime sleep will need to waked for a bath. I’ll give him a bit about as long as it takes to post this…goodnight…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home