Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Finally!

At 2:30 today I met with G and J at the used book store chain of good reputation. I like these two a lot. we talked for 15 minutes a lot of simple questions would you be OK with that? Is this a problem? Have done this before.  And my favorite alphabetize this stack of paper backs.

They said they would let me know on Friday. At 4:20 my phone Rang G called em to tell me that "we have entered a time machine and it was now Friday and they were calling to offer me the job!

Its been six months since I had a job. This is only a sixteen week position but it is money coming in and a books store, I mean I am working in a book store it will feel like home. I hope to learn a lot.

Now this will mean big schedule changes for the family. We will need to work out carpools for time to time for H and swimming. Especially on the days G plays baseball. I will be working weekends so we will have tight weekends around the other activities. This will be a big change. I am hoping that it will work but I am a little scared.

So in the end for the next 16 weeks I am done job hunting. That in itself is a great feeling. I am going to more than double my weekly income. That will be a nice jump. I need to call the Department of Workforce to see what happens when my time is up at the bookstore about getting all set up again, but then there was a rumor from R that some one may be leaving the bookstore in October that is about 16 weeks from now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home