Thursday, June 16, 2011

Just a couple thoughts for today..

Firstly:- I looked at my email this morning. I have been getting all sorts of emails of job listings. In today's email was an auto-search for Dane County and Part-time it lists a Communications Manager. It's been there for several days. I'm not a marketing professional nor do I have experience in communications field so I hadn't really looked at it. Well it is for the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. This is a position with a quasi public authority that is supposed to help the business development in Wisconsin and replace the Department of commerce. This was signed in February just before the protest started. No I don't mean to say that it caused the protests that was something else. But Gov Walker did sign into existence a new independent agency to help with economic development in Wisconsin. OK since most jobs last about 1-2 days on this list before they are gone and this was posted on June 8th that maybe they are not getting a good response. I wouldn't want to try and make such a new agency look good while living in the Madison area right now.


Secondly:- I really need to resort my email box to put the job serch stuff in deep storage/delete after 2 months old or such.


Thirdly:- I will need to re-apply to the DWD for unemployment after I am done with the book store. Gosh I didn't like the process last time. But let us hope that I won't have to.


I will leave you with this:Gov. walker has proposed and possibly passed huge cuts in the carefully crafted W-2 program that Tommy Thompson put together. Among the losses is huge amounts to the child care subsidy program. This will force some women out of the workforce. I can't imagine paying for child care in a single parent home with out help, Unless you make a ton of money.


Well off to spend the full unemployed day with the kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home